Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sorry that I didn't update yesterday. It was a long, busy day. We attended Bill's memorial and what a beautiful service it was. It was so nice to meet alot of people that Bill knew and he had touched them all in a special way. What a great man he was. I wish I had the chance to spend more time with him and get to know him much better as everyone else had. In the 13 years I knew Bill, he touched my life and I feel so very blessed to have known such a good man.
After the memorial, we came back to the hotel for some down time and a nap. Then we went to Grandma GG's house for the reception for the family. This was another opportunity to socialize with family that I haven't seen in years. Some I haven't even seen since Jason and I were married in 2002. We stayed at GG's until 1:00am; this is why I didn't update yesterday.
Today was a fun outing day. Sheryl took the family and I to Indiana for my favorite restaurant, Das Essenhaus. This restaurant is in the "Amish Country" of Indiana. We headed down there in the morning so we could have lunch. Before lunch, we stopped by a couple of shops. One of the shops we went into was the Quilt Shop. Over the last 13 years I have developed the desire to own an Amish quilt. And now I can finally say I am the proud owner of a gorgeous quilt! It made my day to say the least. After lunch we headed back to Michigan and stopped  by Constantine where Jason lived and attended high school.
After we rested some back at the hotel room, we went back to Grandma GG's house for one more evening of visiting.
Now we are back in the hotel room, partially packed and ready to hit the road again tomorrow. We will be heading back home in the morning with memories of a wonderful summer visit to Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment